MG-Tetra plug-in adds two meshing algorithm to the SALOME Mesh: MG-Tetra (former GHS3D) and MG-Tetra Optimization.
MG-Tetra meshing algorithm is destined for:
- Meshing 3D geometric entities: solids are split into tetrahedral (pyramidal) elements.
- Generating 3D meshes from 2D meshes (triangles and quadrangles), working without geometrical objects.
MG-Tetra Optimization algorithm optimizes linear tetrahedral meshes not based on geometry.
- To be able to optimize a mesh generated on geometry, copy this mesh (menu Mesh > Copy Mesh) and assign MG-Tetra Optimization algorithm to the new mesh in Edit Mesh dialog.
- To re-optimize a just optimized mesh, invoke Clear Mesh Data command and then Compute the mesh again.
- MG-Tetra plug-in uses MG-Tetra commercial mesher and requires a license to be used within the Mesh module. To obtain a license, visit http://www.meshgems.com/meshgems-products.html
To manage parameters of the MG-Tetra mesher use MG-Tetra Parameters hypothesis and Additional Hypotheses. Parameters of MG-Tetra Optimization can be managed via MG-Tetra Optimization Parameters hypothesis.
Also all MG-Tetra functionalities are accessible via MG-Tetra Python interface.
Example of a tetrahedral 3D mesh